Monday, April 15, 2013

Intimacy with God

God is teaching me all kinds of things in this season of my life. The pastor of the church we are attending now is going through a series titled "Intimacy with God." Pastor Joey has a great way of bringing the Word to life and bringing application to the forefront. I've realized that in certain seasons of my life I've walked closer with God and have soaked up all the wisdom and knowledge I can. I'm on fire and no one can stop me. Then all of a sudden I get to that point where I dismiss Him from my everyday life. I get so "busy with life" that I do not make time for an intimate relationship with God. I can make the case that I'm too busy (wife, stay at home mom of 3, seminary student with 4 online classes) but at the end of the day God should trump all of that. God wants a relationship with me and I NEED a relationship with Him in order to make it through the day. Why do I often forget this? Taking time out to talk with the Lord is never wasted time. I'm sure many of you are like me... you ask God to change a situation or ask Him for your purpose in this season, you talk talk talk but you never listen for the answer. Let me tell you something, if you will actually talk WITH God instead of talking TO God He will reveal to you His answer. Take a deep breath and wait for God's answer to your question. I promise you He will answer. It may not be the answer you want but it will be the answer you need to fulfill God's will for your life. He wants to show you the way. He wants an intimate relationship with YOU. Remember, once you hear His response be obedient to His word. Do what He says! He has a plan and a purpose for you. No one can fulfill your purpose but you! I love you all and am praying that you experience a truly intimate relationship with God.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for writing again!! We need your voice of wisdom and don't ever underestimate how powerful you truly are!! These words were right on time for me! I love you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging me to start writing again Krystal! You know how to push me to be better than I think I am. Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Amen!!! That was right on time for me Alissa. You know exactly what one needs and not even know it. As I told you many times, you are a blessing in my life. Keep up the fantastic work and continue to spread the word!!! Love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a blessing to me too Brittany! God has great things in store for you and Eric. I love you girl. I will continue to spread the Word as long as people want to listen :)

      Delete