Monday, October 6, 2014

Trying to Connect

My husband recently bought me a new hot pink bluetooth device for me to wear around my neck. I love it not only because of its color (I love pink!) but also because it helps distract me from cooking and cleaning. I can listen to my music or talk to a close friend while still being productive.  It's truly a win-win solution for my daily to do list. Many times I forget I have it on while walking around the house or playing with my kids. To work properly my phone has to be close enough to pick up the bluetooth signal. Once I get out of range the headset reminds me with the message "trying to connect". Only then do I remember I need to go closer to the source for my device to work in its intended function.

God used this illustration in a mighty way to reveal a bigger truth to me. He allowed me to see He has been saying the same thing to me lately. In my spirit I heard Him say, "Alissa, I'm trying to connect with you". That moment of clarity reminded me in order to truly connect with God I have to be close to Him. He wants an intimate relationship that only comes through connectedness.

If I polled the people reading this blog I'm pretty sure the majority would say they want to know and connect with God more. So the question becomes how can we know God more? The answer is easy. Intentionally stay in His word, seek His face, and talk to Him constantly. He is not hiding from us. We are the ones who are walking further and further away without even realizing it. He is calling out to us "trying to connect" but are we listening?

Reclaim your relationship with God. Connect with Him on a deeper level. Ultimately allow Him to work in your life and fulfill the plans He has for you.

Thank you for reading this post. Please share with your friends who may need to hear this message.

In Christ,
Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment