Thursday, March 10, 2016

On The Other Side of Comfort

Oh the joys of our comfort zone! It's where we feel most content and at ease. It's where we dwell and pretty much know what to expect. Comfort zones aren't perfect but they are familiar. The familiarity urges us to stay in that place. We know we can do better but are scared to take a risk on a new adventure. Ultimately comfort zones keep us stagnant.

I had the opportunity to speak at the R.E.A.L - Raising Extraordinarily Amazing Ladies Forum at New Manchester High School last Wednesday. If I had not stepped outside my comfort zone by contacting the speaker coordinator the blessing from that experience would not have been realized. Any other time I probably would have waited and missed out on the opportunity. I didn't know if I would be selected but I knew I had to at least reach out.

The event was a clear answer to my quiet time with God. I had no idea how many people would attend until I showed up. Imagine my surprise when the entire cafeteria was packed with approximately 300 women and girls. It was definitely a God honoring time that uplifted, inspired, and empowered everyone in attendance including me. I'm continually grateful for that opportunity.

We all have to step outside our comfort zones and follow God in obedience based on what He tells us to do. Even if you do not see the big picture follow Him in the one step He has shown you so far. Do your part and you will be pleasantly surprised how the details unfold without you having to "take things into your own hands". Instead, allow His hand to lead you.

I'm currently learning to take risks for the cause of Christ. I hope you do the same. Trust and believe He is with you every step of the way. Put feet to your faith which requires you to step outside your comfort zone, take risks, and work hard. The most amazing things happen on the other side of comfort. God will meet you there and blow your mind based on your obedience.

We can change the world according to our obedience. Now join me on the other side of comfort!

In Christ,
Alissa


R.E.A.L. Forum on March 2, 2016

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment