Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A New Creation

Overwhelmed by the presence of God is the only way to describe how I felt on Mother's Day.  Watching and listening to testimonies of three women in my Blueprint Church family reminded me of how awesome God truly is in my life and the life of others. Their testimonies were so personal and authentic yet relatable. Each spoke of their struggles with trying to control their own lives leading to the realization they needed a Savior to come rescue them. After testimonies, the women followed in their next step of obedience which was baptism. What a powerful illustration of Christ's work on our behalf! Christ takes all our filthiness and makes us clean; not only clean but spotless. Sin and shame are replaced with redemption and restoration. The underlying theme of hope for all creation always take me before the throne of grace as a means of gratitude.

I, too, was baptized on Mother's Day- six years ago. As I watched the ladies take that step on Sunday, I reminisced on the journey God took me through. Before that point I was so afraid... of what I can't even tell you. As the time approached to join Pastor Bill in the baptism pool at Cascade Hills Church my heart almost pounded out of my chest. Going down in the cold water and springing back up to life -new life- accompanied by the sound of hundreds of people cheering was more than my emotions could take. The internal workings in my heart collided with the external obedience of baptism. I was a new creation in Christ Jesus and was fully surrendered. Baptism did not save me but it did show others what I already believed in my heart. Hearing my brothers and sisters in Christ cheer with me was icing on the cake.

Similar to the three women and myself, God is calling you to take steps of obedience in your life. It may not be baptism but it could be. Remember, God is more focused on your heart than anything else. He is the only one who can truly change you from the inside out. He can and will make you a new creation if you allow Him. Ask God today for your next step of obedience and follow Him forward.




In Christ,
Alissa


"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." Colossians 3:1-2 ESV

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment